Our first foray into the FoodTech / AgriTech sector. Our partner, Alyson Schill, has been a beacon for helping those in need and is extraordinary knowledgeable in the food donation and rescue industry.
Careit is a food donation marketplace that matches any organization with extra edible food to a nearby nonprofit. Nonprofits find donations in their area that match their food requirements and set up a pickup or drop off with the donor. All donation details are saved for easy record keeping.
Food donation has never been easier! Whether you’re a business, nonprofit, or municipality, Careit can help you keep our communities fed and our environment greener.
Share it with Careit!
Check out Careit’s Indiegogo campaign to raise funds to develop their platform and help more people get fed.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
– With Careit, donating food is incredibly easy.
– Create an organization profile (business or nonprofit)
– Add team members
– Create a new food donation: add photos, time, location, whether you’ll be delivering or need a pick-up
– Directly assign a donation to a nonprofit of your choice or post for discovery by any local nonprofit
– Charities find and reserve nearby food donations
– Assign reserved rescues to staff or volunteer drivers in your organization
– Record the final details and weights for record-keeping
This project has literally kept me going at times. I never gave up. Just needed you.Alyson Schill, CEO, Careit